Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cowgirl fun

Another quilt... we are trying to get ready for the local "Shop Hop" and I have been busy making new samples to hang up. It starts at the end of the month and runs for 2 1/2 weeks. I really like this fabric line. The back is a great brown with white cowgirls and ropes as well as horseshoes. The pattern was another one by Oh, Fransson! but found on the Sew, Mama, Sew blog. Super easy, I had it done start to finish in a day.
{please ignore the drab background... we don't have spring, we have "mud season" here in Teton Valley}
I chose to do straight lines for the quilting on it, and I am not so sure I am in love. Bummer, because it was a lot of work. Hers looked much better... Maybe a walking foot would help it from pulling the top fabric? You can see the top two rows 'pull' to the right and the bottom three to the left... maybe it won't be so noticeable after washing?
I also thought I might be brave enough to teach a class on this quilt at my mom's shop. The thought kind of scares me, though. Do I really know enough to teach a class? I'm not sure, so I will continue to toss the idea around for a while still.

No comments:

Post a Comment