Wednesday, May 12, 2010

{beach party}

Kids clothes week: day 3
I used another pattern from the fabulous Kristen at Fiddlehead for this tank (She also made the pattern for one of my other favorite tanks). Super easy! I opted to make thicker straps and just tack them down - the idea of a tie on a little kid just makes me nervous. When I got to the hem, I decided to dig through my stash of 'misc things' and found some corded piping I have never used. I love how it makes the hem a stand-out feature without downplaying the cute shape of the tank. I used this pattern last year, and already had the 24 month/2T size cut, so that's what I made. It barely fits Moo, so when my niece stopped by today, we gave it to her. {does that still count as sewing for my kids?} She is a little more petite than my Moo. I really love it, so they might get matching tanks. We'll see. I got zero cooperation for this photo shoot this morning, just a lot of blurry pics of her running. I thought this one was pretty cute though. Now I just wish we were headed to the beach!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE that orange fabric! and that is SUCH a cute pattern! good job!

    ReplyDelete