Friday, February 4, 2011

a little heather ross love

I purchased a small bundle of Heather Ross prints with the intention of making my baby boy and my sister's baby girl (due 3 weeks apart!) matching boy/girl blankets. We agreed that we both love this style, {wonky stars} and I sliced the fabrics into little squares for the star centers. I ended up with lots of little pieces... too little to do much with, but too cute to throw away. Inspired by this great tutorial, I made a little "i spy" quilt for Moo's doll.
 It took a lot of thought and rearranging to get it the size I wanted. Although I am still a little hesitant to give that child a blanket that is predominantly white, I love how it turned out!
{measures 15 x 18 1/2}
Moo chose a polka dot for the back (she may be brainwashed by this point... either that or all I have in my stash are dots!) and insisted on pink and pink for border and binding. These fabrics were so much fun to play with, I can't wait to get the rest of the fabrics together to make the wonky stars quilts!

3 comments: