Sunday, February 14, 2010

serger love

I begged my mom to dig out her old serger she has not used in ten years and lend it to me. She bought it when my 24 year old sister was one. It's a Bernette 335 (for Bernina) and was a really nice one 24 years ago. This model was discontinued because it is nearly impossible to thread. Nice for a learning machine, huh? I have used it to make the chick tank tops,
two more "Sienna dresses" and two dresses for my niece that just turned two. I am so addicted!

1 comment:

  1. So... I might be the dumbest crafting girl ever, when people say, "use a serger" or "i used a serger" or "serge the edges" I nod like I know what the heck they are talking about and just avoid it when my husband asks what they mean. In reality, I have no idea what a serger does that is different from a sewing machine and why it's important to have one. Seriously, I know, dumb. But there you have it. I confessed.
    By the way, your dresses are WAY too cute. I love the last one, and I think I am going to copy it. It totally reminds me of Daphne from Scooby Doo. And I love her :-)

    ReplyDelete