Tuesday, January 26, 2010

{honey bun}

My mom owns a quilt shop. Do you know how lucky I am? I get to help her do the buying (when the kids allow... sometimes it's not so fun) and pick what fabric lines I want to work with. This one I have been in love with. Moda's pre-cut bundles are so much fun! I made this quilt from a 'honey bun' and a couple yards of white-on-white print. It will fit a baby batting, but is still big enough to use for a couple toddler years. Please ignore the desperate need to iron. My ironing board is in really bad shape. Really bad. So, until I fix it... it remains unironed. I think it will be for my new niece that will be born early summer. That gives me... 4 1/2 months to get around to stippling it. ;)
I am also contemplating a 1" border around the edges... what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. REALLY jealous! I LOVE Moda Bake Shop, but haven't gotten around to buying anything from them yet :-(
    I really love the blanket too! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete