Monday, March 8, 2010

{for aunt kate}

I bought {this great pattern} last March with hopes of making it for my sister-in-law's birthday in June 2009. Well, I am a couple months late... hope she doesn't mind! I love how it turned out, the colors (which I don't usually go for) and the pattern just came together perfectly.
The fabric I cut for the back wasn't quite big enough, so I pieced the length of the back with extra fabric from the front and I think it's really cool. I almost want it to be the front of another quilt.
Update: She came over to pick it up and loves it! Hugh relief. Yeah! {She didn't even mind it was a couple months late. Love her!}

2 comments:

  1. Seriously! You AMAZE me with your quilting skills! I LOVE that quilt, and I love the background for the pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete