Monday, October 11, 2010

Gone Fishin!

Nick went fishing with his brother a last weekend and Bug has been begging to go fishin' with her Daddy ever since. I opted for an indoor version, and with a little inspiration from {Sew Like My Mom} I came up with this. Bug insisted the yellow was the pond, and carefully laid the fish out. A strong magnet on the end of a wooden spoon and we were set!
Her comment after she caught her first fish: "Isn't it a beauty?"I wanted the fish to be a little thicker than just two layers of fabric so I put a layer of purple felt in between the purple polka dot fabric. I used a pretty generic fish shape, they measure 5" from tail fins to nose. I also did one seam to sew the magnets into the 'noses' of the fish. One more rainy day game for the upcoming long Idaho winter!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love it! What a wonderful way to spend winter indoors! Not to mention I LOVE that it can roll up small and travel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute! I've been wanting to do something like this for MY bug forever! Thanks for sharing!

    (and for the comment on my new orleans food...) :)

    ReplyDelete