Tuesday, July 6, 2010

new dress

My sister in law and I have been throwing around the idea of me making dresses for all the grand kids on my hubby's side for family pictures. I finally feel like I will have enough time in the next couple weeks to make six, so I put an example together today to show her. Since we live out in the boonies (an hour and a half away from a craft store that sells clothing fabric) I used what I had in my stash, so the colors aren't perfect, but it gives me an idea of what to change for next time, and Bug is pleased with it just as it is (even if she absolutely did not want to pose for pictures).I will make a couple changes I think-
  • black and white damask print for the top,
  • have four layers of the tulle instead of two,
  • match the under 'slip' color better with the tulle.
  • I also think I will make the slip layer a little looser, it is pretty straight now and I want a little more volume.
  • make the length just below the knee instead of mid-calf

No comments:

Post a Comment