Sunday, September 27, 2009

Goodnight, Monkey

I spent this weekend finishing this quilt... it was my first attempt at an unconventional log cabin block, and I love the results. I am not so crazy about the sock monkeys, but I love it nonetheless.
Machine quilting is coming a little easier to me now, but I am not sure I want to do anything bigger than a baby quilt. I'm sure after a little while I'll forget how long it takes with two kids at my feet and try it... Now I need to decide what I am going to do with it - pray for a boy next? Hang it in Mom's quilt shop? For now it will sit on top of the small pile of 'I finished this whole quilt' right next to the 'I have the quilt top done but haven't finished it' really big pile. I have my work cut out for me with that pile!

No comments:

Post a Comment